Saturday, July 23, 2016

Inspriation & Transformation

When I started blogging, it was because I wanted to share.  I wanted to share activities, ideas, etc., and I feel that I have not been actively pursuing my goal.  I have been feeling inspired these past few months by my new favorite blog Mrs. Newell's Math.  You seriously need to check this blog out, especially if you're a fellow Geometry teacher.  She shares amazing resources for Geometry, and she has renewed my commitment to creating interactive notebook pages that are more interactive (because this past year my interactive notebooks were basically guided notes).

In the spirit of sharing, I have a cut-and-paste sorting activity for Congruence Transformations.  Students will categorize diagrams of translations, reflections, and rotations.  (The diagrams are on grids, but the coordinate axes are not shown.)  My plan for this activity is to use it as a formative assessment.  I'm not sure yet if I want to use it as a means to determine students' prior knowledge, or as a means to assess their learning after I teach the three transformations.  You can download a copy of the sorting activity here.  The activity has 2 formats.  The first two pages are formatted for interactive notebooks, the last two pages are for a worksheet format.  If you notice any errors, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I have not used this activity with students yet, so I don't know exactly how it will go.  I expect that it will be a relatively quick and simple activity. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwkPgPi2-TJKYWxhX2IweE13dmM/view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to School Supply Haul | VIDEO

I wanted to wait until the last minute before Back to School shopping, but there were some sales that I couldn't pass up.  This year I&#...