Sunday, August 7, 2016

Professional Development Log [#MTBoSBlaugust]


It's #MTBoSBlaugust 2016!  I'm challenging myself to blog daily throughout August, and you can too.  Join the fun!

In my state (NY), certification requirements were changed right around the time I became a teacher (of course).  Instead of eventually obtaining permanent certification, I eventually obtained provisional certification.  What's the difference?  Originally it was 175 hours of professional development due every 5 years.  This was recently changed to 100 hours of professional development every 5 years, with the stipulation that 15 hours of PD must address English Language Learners.  The other stipulation of course is that the PD must be from a New York State Education Department approved sponsor.  So, the many online webinars that I virtually attend most likely won't count toward my 100 required hours.

The bright side about this change is that I never carefully tracked my professional development hours before anyway.  Since I'm getting a fresh start, I made a Professional Development Log to keep in my teacher planner.  I've printed the four pages back to back, and I should have plenty of lines to log my 100 hours.

You can download a free copy of the Professional Development Log from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Math Task #SundayFunday

This week's #SundayFunday prompt is to share your favorite math task. I have already blogged about some of my favorite tasks in the...