Thursday, August 20, 2015

2014-2015 Geometry INB Unit 9 (Right Triangles)

Here is unit 9...

The table of contents and unit self-assessment.

We started our unit with notes and practice on the Pythagorean Theorem.  The kids already had this down, so I felt a little silly doing this, but they didn't know their triples and some of the examples confused them, so it was worth it in the end.

Then we moved onto Special Right Triangles.  I'm not sure if it was worth teaching to be honest.  I guess I can try again this year and see if it makes a difference.  Following that we covered Similar Right Triangles.

Next we began Trig.  I gave students a foldable and some notes.  Then we moved onto Solving for Missing Sides.

Here is the inside of the foldable.  We kept it simple.

We finished the unit with Solving for Missing Angles and Applications.  Students did well with trig, but they did learn it last year too.  This year I will have to teach trig to students that have never encountered it before.  That's a little scary.  I know it means that I will have go to slower and explain better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...