Here is what's going on:
- Yesterday was my first day back in my classroom. I began the process of getting things set up for the year. However, I was really there to provide Regents review from 9-12, and it gets ridiculously hot in my classroom, and we're kind of in a heat wave. So I couldn't really stay too long, but some basic tasks were completed.
- Today was the same as yesterday in regard to setting up my classroom. I did a little bit before and after having students. I did get to do some filming today and yesterday, so I will see if it makes another video that I can share as a vlog.
- Yesterday our house closing was finally scheduled for next week. I basically flipped out about how late in the summer it is happening. I am now feeling extreme pressure to get everything done for the new school year because next week I won't be able to worry about anything but moving. I'm mostly angry because the closing was scheduled for today, and then postponed because the seller did not have a permit for the shed on the property. (What kind of monster tries to sell a property without making sure everything is done to ensure a smooth sale?! I know, it's quite a few people, but I'm really angry with this guy right now. I would never do that to someone so I expect it wouldn't happen to me, but that's not how the world works.) So one would think that since everything was cleared up yesterday we would be able to close today as scheduled. No such luck. They were actually trying to schedule our closing for the first day of school. Thankfully our lawyer is amazing and wouldn't allow it.
- So now I'm trying to get my classroom mostly set up by the end of the week. Here's the good news: the hallways are being waxed next week, so I wouldn't be able to get into my classroom anyway. In other words, I'm fortunate that the closing is next week or I wouldn't be able to get my classroom set up because I would be moving this week and not able to set up next week. (Plus working on my classroom takes my mind off all the house stress.)
- My goal for tonight is set up a to do list for things to complete this week, and a to do list of things that can wait until the week after next. Because, realistically, I'm complaining about having to go through a move too close to beginning of the school year, and people move while still going to work all the time. I will still have time to prepare for the new school year after we move. We have a "week" of conference days before school starts and a weekend. (By "week" I mean Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.) Then school won't start until the following Wednesday (September 7th).