Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer To Do List

As the school year is (finally) winding down, I finally find myself feeling that I actually have time to blog.  I have so many things that I want to accomplish over this summer.  On the one hand, I cannot wait to get started.  On the other hand, I want to actually just relax for once.  Anyone else feel that way?

For the most part, I want to begin planning for next year.  I'm fortunate that my state finally came to their senses and decided to stagger the introduction of common core curriculum.  (Unfortunately for grades K-8, this came on too late.)  This coming year, I am to teach the same curriculum, but my school expects me to integrate the common core curriculum.  My plan so far is to teach the common core curriculum, but not in the intended depth so that I can still cover the topics that my students will be tested on in June.

So with all of this in mind, plus my ambitious nature, this is my summer to do list:
  • New Algebra Pre-test (for my Geometry students at the beginning of the year)
  • New curriculum map
  • Blog weekly
  • Make-up new forms
  • Start TPT store
  • New parent letters for beginning of the year
  • APPR evidence collection binder
  • Read (both professional and recreational)
  • Plan my wedding <3 
I have professional development planned to help me complete a new curriculum map at the end of July.  The only potential problem is that I may be doing summer school, and I'm not sure how this will affect my plan for PD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...