Monday, September 9, 2013

The Second First Day

Our school had an odd start to the new school year.  We started the Wednesday after Labor Day as always, but then we had a four day weekend for Rosh Hashanah.  So today was like the first day all over again.  It was odd, but good in many ways.  Last Wednesday I went over the rules and expectations, supplies that they needed to purchase, and then we did some group tasks.  Today we went over the rules again, procedures, and took pretests.  I'm about to grade them now.

This morning, I wrote out the date like this:

The kids were intrigued.  One asked if I was always going to write the date like that.  I couldn't help but respond, "Well, no.  Every day is different."  I definitely need to get some fractions and order of operations in there.  From the looks of these pretests, they are rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...