Friday, August 21, 2015

2014-2015 Geometry INB Unit 10 (Circles)

Here are the unit 10 pages...

The table of contents...

The unit self-assessment.  We began the unit with all of the circle vocabulary, and equations of circles.  Next year I have to add in changing the equation to standard form using completing the square.  I just know that it is going to be so much fun! (NOT!)

Next we studied the Tangent Theorems.

Then we moved onto the Chord Theorems.

Next we learned about Central and Inscribed Angles and Inscribed Polygons.  I combined these two topics into one lesson.

Then we covered the Angles in Circles and Complex Circles.  I don't know if I will cover complex circles again next year.  I don't think it's necessary.  But it was my favorite thing ever when I was a math student (and I hated math back then).  It doesn't mean my students like it though. 

Next we learned about segments in circles.  The next class we covered arc length and sector area.  Note to self:  Need to include radians in this topic next year.

For our last topic, we learned how to construct inscribed and circumscribed circles given a triangle.  This was a great review of constructions and points of concurrency.  I enjoyed this topic, but my students didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...