Wednesday, August 24, 2016

2015-2016 Geometry INB Unit 4 (Triangles) [#MTBoSBlaugust]

It's #MTBoSBlaugust 2016!  I'm challenging myself to blog daily throughout August, and you can too.  Join the fun!
 See last year's INB pages from this unit here.

This unit mostly stayed the same.  Here is the table of contents:

I added an isosceles triangle proofs booklet.  Perhaps I'll do something more creative with the cover this year.  (This topic has been moved to my proofs unit for next year.)


We attempted to construct the points of concurrency in triangles.  Does anyone have a tried and true method for these?  This was a straight up disaster.  Perhaps this year I will give students a full worksheet that we can fold and staple into the notebook instead of using tiny triangles for our notebooks.  Day 1 of torture:  Angle bisectors and altitudes.

Day 2 of torture:  Perpendicular bisectors and medians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...