Sunday, April 27, 2014

Grade Change Form

Confession:  I make up my own forms for me to use.  I know it's crazy, but whatever.  I'm owning up to it.

Our school uses SchoolTool to manage attendance, discipline, and grades.  It allows parents and students to view grades that are entered into the online grade book.  It has been very helpful in keeping students motivated and keeping parents in the loop about what's going on in school with their child.

I update grades every Friday.  After I update the grades there are often students that complete missing homework.  I give half credit for this, and then of course have to go back into SchoolTool to change the grade.  I also change test grades after retests, and once quarterly, I give students a make-up quiz to replace their lowest quiz grade.  Keeping track of all these changes is not easy, and therefore has necessitated a form.

My form is simple.  I will write down the student's name, the assignment, the new grade, and I've left a column to check off as I complete the change.  I hope this will keep me on track.  I will use it for the first time tomorrow.  Check back in a few weeks for a reflection.

My new form is available to purchase in TPT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...