Monday, August 11, 2014

New Item for Sale in My TPT Store!

I'm super excited to announce that I have posted my first ever content specific item in my TPT store!  I've been wanting for over a year now to post more than just words to my Word Wall.  The words are not enough.  I've been wanting to find a way to display vocabulary words, brief definitions, and even diagrams.  The only reason I didn't tackle this project sooner is that I was simply overwhelmed by the work involved with creating such a project.

Now that I look back on it, I did it all in steps.  Last year when I put together a new curriculum map, I identified the new vocabulary words associated with each unit.  Throughout the year I narrowed the list down to the most important words to address.  I narrowed this down further, and compiled a list of words to use on the word wall.  Once I had a template made up (half page cards, chevron design, of course), I typed up the words and used our new textbook to adapt the definitions.  Once I had these all typed up, I went through each word and illustrated the ones that were able to be illustrated.

I am delighted with the overall results.  I cannot wait to put these up in my classroom.  I will be printing and laminating them for sure.  I'm just not sure yet if I want to post new words as we get to them throughout the year, or post all words at the beginning of the year for students to preview.  (Or perhaps add words to the board quarterly.  This will probably be less alarming to students.  Updating the board every unit was a pain last year.) 

Check it out:  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Geometry-Word-Wall-Vocabulary-Cards-1387499

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...