Thursday, August 13, 2015

So Much To Do...

I have so many ideas of things that I want to get done for school, but I have so many other things that I want to do too.  It's a struggle.  I need to write my tests for the year.  I want to catch up on my scrapbooking.  I need to finish reading the books I set out to read.  I want to get things organized around my home.  I need to plan my first day activities.  I want to spend time with friends and family.

With summer coming to an end, I feel so much pressure to get all of these things done.  I have to remember that I still have 4 weeks before school starts, and that if I manage my time efficiently, I can do all of the things that I want to do.  (I still have yet to go to the beach!)

Today I finished a project that killed two birds with one stone.  I joined NCTM in 2007, and so I had 8 years worth of Mathematics Teacher journals taking up space.  I also joined Kappa Delta Pi in 2007, so I had 8 years of the KDP Record and New Teacher Advocate taking up valuable shelf space as well.  So I guess I have to admit I'm a borderline hoarder when it comes to certain things.  I am crippled with the fear that I may one day need the thing I got rid of it.  (No, not really.)  The journals were one of the things that I was worried I could need in the future, so I held on to them.  However, I can gain access to all of those journals digitally through my memberships.  (Yay!)  Plus, if I'm not actively using those journals, then they are just a waste of space.

So the great purge began.  I threw out recycled most of the journals.  I went through each and every one of them, scouring for articles that I could use now.  I found plenty of reading material, and made some space on my shelves.  I seriously just ripped out the articles I wanted, and I'm going to read through them.  If I find them truly valuable, I will move them to my PD binder.  If I don't find them to be valuable, I'm going to get rid of them.  So all in all, it looks like I just added to my reading list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for being patient as I got my new blog set up.  I am slowly releasing updated versions of old posts while I add new content.  Plea...